Top Ten Destinations for Extreme Sports
If you are an avid participant in extreme sports, it will do you well to explore some of the possibilities lurking around the world. With the massive variety of terrain our Earth offers there are endless choices. From mountains to oceans these 10 locales are sure to present unique opportunities for extreme sports enthusiasts.
1. Cape Town, South Africa – This place is home to something you are unlikely to be able to do in many other places: shark diving. The sheer intensity of getting up close to some of the world’s foremost predators is sure to give you a rush you will not forget. In addition to this, this town offers a number of other activities including kite surfing and paragliding.
2. Honolulu, Hawaii – Hawaii is home to a number of volcanoes that are optimal for an intense hike. As far as surfing goes, Hawaii is the only place in the world that can trump California and Australia. If you are looking to test your skills on waves of an unparalleled height, this is the place to go.
3. Angel Falls, Venezuala – As far as extreme sports go, B.A.S.E. jumping is certainly up there. More often then not, people find themselves jumping off of tall buildings, but this locale provides a beautiful natural vista. On top of that, it is the tallest waterfall in the world, measuring in at 3212 feet.
4. Boulder, Colorado – This U.S. city provides a unique challenge for avid climbers: buildering. In Boulder, you can challenge yourself by climbing bridges or buildings. It is certainly a change from the usual choice of mountain.
5. Peacock Springs State Park, Florida – Another U.S. based variation of a popular extreme sport. While the area is home to abundant opportunities for scuba diving, those willing to take it to the next level can participate in cave diving. The tight space and near complete darkness make this a bit more nuanced of an activity then your average dive.
6. Ogawayama, Japan – This Japanese locale has one of the greatest abundances of rock climbing spots in all the world. With over 1000 routes to trek, you are sure to be kept busy here for quite some time. The sheer quantity means that whether you are an expert or a beginner, you can find something suitable for you.
7. Gran Canaria, Canary Islands – With a climate that is warm all year around and a consistently strong breeze, this location is ideal to get into windsurfing. If you are looking from a reprieve from the water, there is a number of mountains you can visit for mountain biking and hiking.
8. Fayetteville, NC – This town is a great spot to explore ziplining. An extensive tour that centers around Carver’s Falls makes for an exciting time as you zip around the diverse landscape.
9. Lake Elsinore, California – If you have ever dreamed of flying, this is the place to be. With available instructors and a nice open area free from obstructions, this California town provides a great avenue to go on your first wingsuit flight.
10. Tampa Bay, Florida – When it comes to jetski riding, few places can compare with Florida. With Tampa Bay offering an extensive amount of open water, it is not difficult to reach maximum speeds. With the addition of some jetski accessories to spruce things up, there is no better riding experience.
All these fantastic locations make it good to be an extreme sports fan. If you are looking to add a little excitement to your life, give it a shot at one of these locales.
Brenda is a passionate bloger and a regular contributor to several travel blogs. She is currently a web content writer for Jettribe Australia. In her free time she loves to write about her travel experiences.
This post was submitted by Brenda Panin.